What to Pack for Beach Wedding
- Is the beach windy? If so, long, floaty dresses for the ladies (or loose hairstyles) may prove troublesome and a shorter, close fitting dress may be more practical.
- Is there shade on the beach where the wedding is taking place? If not, ladies might want to consider a wide brimmed hat as part of their wedding outfit to protect them from the sun.
- Will the wedding take place on the sand or in a wedding gazebo? Sandals or flip flops (which can be very stylish) may be more appropriate than high heels or closed shoes if walking through sand is likely.
- Is the wedding local or in an exotic location? If the wedding is local, the area may be known to the bride, wedding party and wedding guests and may be easier to plan for than if the beach is in a foreign country.
Now that I told you what to wear now here is…
What Not to Wear to a Beach Wedding
Although beach weddings are more casual affairs, there are a few common points to note:
- It is usual not to wear white in order not to upstage the bride.
- Try to avoid wearing black for a daytime beach wedding.
- ‘Formal’ dress is not usual, unless the bride specifically requests it.
- For ladies, local flowers may be co-ordinated with a dress, or with the bride’s wedding theme.
- Gentlemen can usually wear a less formal suit in a light color.
- Avoid wearing jeans, really ‘short’ shorts (or dresses) or ripped clothes.
If in doubt always check with the Bride and Groom who invited you they of course will love to help you look right at their wedding!
Before you head to the beach for that evening wedding – REMEMBER THE BUG – they have to eat too so bring to Off with you!
How and What to Pack
Are you honeymooning or vacationing? Here are some packing tips which has proven to work for us ♥
1. Pack clothing that you could mix and match and wear as several outfits (Black, beige, orange, brown)
2. When packing your bottles of toiletry and your shoes, pack them into Ziploc bags or plastic bags to protect
your clothing from leaks and soiling. Put extra bag into your suitcase for holding your dirty clothing.
3. Remember on Domestic flights you will pay for every piece of checked luggage, so pack light and save!
Also most International flights only allow 1 free check luggage… Check with your airline carrier for details.
Spotlight Honeymoon Destinations